This week saw Manitou UK bring its roadshow to T H WHITE dealerships in Stourport, Knockdown and Frome. As well as giving customers the opportunity for hands-on experience with the latest Manitou machines, comprehensive staff training was provided for new stage V models.
Richard Felton, Area Sales Manager, with colleagues Jim Hulme and Anthony Hogben, led the training and demonstrations. T H WHITE staff from the sales, service, parts and marketing teams were given in-depth insight into each product’s features with particular emphasis on new model updates.
First up was the Agricultural MLT range, showcasing the compact MLT420 with bucket grab, (now with increased horsepower), the MLT630 with wrapped bale clamp, MLT635 and 737 with bucket brushes and MLT741 with square bale fork. Topping the Agricultural range was the mighty MLT841 Platinum high-spec telehandler. Attendees looking for all-round machines that are equally at home in the Agricultural and Construction sectors were treated to a critique on the versatile MLA-T 516 and 533 models too.
Staff were able to highlight many improved features across the range, as well as passing on a few trade secrets and tips that can make a big difference to servicing and day to day maintenance:
- Efficient cooler packs without weighty stacked systems
- Boom work lights and LED+ lighting packs
- Functional engine bays with ‘debris removal’ trap doors
- Ecostop system which automatically stops the engine when the machine is idling without a driver in the cab
- New hydraulic braking systems
- Enhanced palm-sensitive JSM stick combatting operator muscle fatigue
- Safe zone parameter limit for new drivers
- Safety Camera Kit – side camera visibility and a high-view rear camera directed at a mirror for cab view of hitch
- New high specification seating with larger bases
- Deeper, wider cabs for greater comfort and greater visibility
- Standardisation and colour coding of control switches across the range
- Manitou’s innovative ‘Easy Step’ for ease of access.
Conversations even included guidance on lifespan and self-cleaning features of tyres. The team then went one step further in benchmarking the JCB 542.70 Agri Xtra, comparing build quality, comfort, hydraulic decibels, cab specification and roominess, lighting, visibility and more. And the outcome – Manitou won hands down!
In addition to these educational staff sessions, the customer events ran from 9am to 3pm each-day, offering product walk-arounds and hands-on driving, plus some great special offers on parts and attachments for purchases made on the day.
All Manitou Agricultural machines carry a 3-year 3,000 hour warranty as standard. The specifications of the new Manitou machines are abundant with user-friendly features designed to take the strain out of intensive, every day use. Combined with a choice of transmissions to suit every application, they really are a joy to drive.
To learn more about the Manitou range, contact your local THW Agriculture branch.