NEW MEASURES – AN UPDATE FROM T H WHITE AGRICULTURE, DAIRY, CONSTRUCTION AND COUNTRY STORE
Update posted 27 March
In line with Government guidelines we are designated Key Workers with parts of our business permitted to remain open for the sole purpose of providing essential support to farmers and food producers where critical parts and servicing are required or to supply animal feed (for livestock, pets & poultry).
With this directive in mind, and protecting health as our highest priority, we are adjusting our business operations further. From today we will cease to supply non-agricultural products unless they fall into the category of maintaining animal welfare.
We have introduced a telephone service as the first point of contact for these critical needs. Please use the numbers listed below
Spare parts we hold in stock can be ordered for collection from designated areas as outlined by our Parts Staff on ordering. We will endeavour to supply non-stocked parts for collection too as soon as they are received. When collecting we REQUIRE you to follow social distancing protocols for the safety of all. We would like to offer delivery of parts, particularly for those in self-isolation or those vulnerable or with vulnerable family members in the household and invite you to discuss such needs with our parts colleagues when making your enquiry.
We will be updating our weekend opening hours for all Agricultural branches on a weekly basis. This weekend our Parts team will be waiting for your call operating Saturday morning opening hours as normal. We are fully committed to supporting you and providing the best level of service we can with the resources available to us in these restrictive circumstances but please appreciate our staffing may change at short notice.
Thank you for your understanding.
Update posted 23 March
T H WHITE has been trading for 188 years through wars, epidemics and extreme weather conditions which have affected our ability to function normally. We have endured such times continuing to help our customers get the best from their machinery, land and buildings. The Coronavirus is by far the most extreme threat we have experienced in this generation. Amidst the stresses of the personal lockdown we are all facing, there is a similar spirit of communities pulling together and following official advice to get us through this new reality.
Having identified the most vulnerable across our workforce we have taken measures to make them safe with many home working at this time. That said, our teams remain in place to serve you, and we would like to reassure all our customers and the wider community that we are taking every step possible to limit the spread of the Coronavirus. Where able, we will be using available technology such as video calls, web live link, phone and emails to reduce unnecessary contact. Undoubtedly, we will face staff shortages due to self-isolation and sickness, however we have prepared for this, and hope to remain open throughout. With the drier weather upon us, we endeavour to keep you working, and be there when you need us.
From 23rd March we will be implementing the following controls:
- Area Sales Representatives are now working from home and will be contactable by telephone (mobile) and email and will only visit customers by prior appointment.
- Machinery demonstrations (on farm) will continue with the agreement of the customer and will be risk assessed on an individual basis.
- Supplier customer visits will only take place after full consultation with all parties.
- New machinery installations will continue and will be risk assessed on an individual basis.
Depot Parts Counters (including Country Store)
- Customers are requested to place parts orders by telephone where possible
- Parts counters staff are available; however, we have closed access to our branch reception areas and will be servicing from the entrance of the parts area.
- Our Country Store is open for business and we are taking sales enquiries via the side doors accessible in the outside garden product area
- Pick up boxes are in place outside the parts entrances.
- Deliveries can be arranged if required (FREE for customers who are self-isolating).
- We can connect to you via web link if needed.
- Service departments will remain operational.
- All on farm support will continue with no direct human contact.
- All engineers have been issued with appropriate PPE.
- We can connect to you via web link if needed.
We will do everything we can to support our customers throughout this challenging time, however your cooperation and understanding is appreciated. As a reminder if you or a member of your household is showing symptoms, please notify us in advance of a visit to our premises or your home/place of business so that we can determine the appropriate course of action to take.
Our phones are always on so please continue to ring us. Branch contact numbers can be found at:
We will provide updates on business changes as the situation unfolds on our website and through our social channels but most importantly, we would like to wish all of our customers, colleagues and their families well, and hope you stay safe.
David Rapkins, Agricultural Director
Nigel Ellis, Head of Dairy