Palfinger UK is recruiting for a Mobile Body Repair Engineer to join our busy team. Reporting to the Body Repair Team Leader you will be responsible for the effective and efficient service, maintenance and repair of light and heavy commercial vehicles and other equipment as required. This role is based from home and will cover the Northamptonshire / Warwickshire area.
Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 17:00
Friday 08:00 to 16:30
30-minute lunch break
Some flexibility on start and finish times may be necessary to meet business requirements.
Hourly Rate: £15.00 to £16.00 based on knowledge and experience.
Day to day duties will include:
- Undertaking ‘on-site’ bodywork inspections, routine maintenance and repairs to all manner of commercial vehicles to industry standards
- Carrying out ‘on-site’ inspections and repairs to ancillary equipment, including roller-shutter doors, tail-lifts and winches.
- Following and promoting best practice at all times and work to ‘Right-first-time’ standards of workmanship
- Applying customer care skills at all times to ensure customer expectations are met
- Being familiar with and complying with the agreed Customer specific operating instructions Ensuring all parts returns are documented and returned in a timely manner
- Ensuring that Palfinger UK and Customer ‘On-site’ Health and Safety procedures are adhered to in accordance with company requirements and current legislation
The ideal applicant:
- Experience of repairing and maintaining a wide variety of commercial vehicle bodies
- Experience of working with fibre glass, ply lining and hard-wood flooring/Panels along with
- Ability to carry out minor electrical repairs
- A basic knowledge of hydraulic systems (Tail-lifts etc) is desirable – LOLER qualification is not required.
- Qualified MIG & TIG welder
- Ability to produce high quality work in a fast-moving working environment
- Self-motivated, well organised with good interpersonal skills
- Efficient, orderly and timely, ensuring all tasks are achieved within agreed timescales
- Maintain a professional attitude, building and developing relationships with internal and external customers
What can T H WHITE Group offer you?
At T H WHITE, it is our philosophy to try to do everything we can to ensure that everyone working for us is happy and gets pleasure and satisfaction from their work. We are committed to training and developing our employees to enable them to achieve their maximum potential. We also provide the following:
- Market surveyed salary – reviewed annually
- Employer contributory pension/ death in service cover
- Share Plan
- Division cross-sell incentive scheme
- Staff accounts at every branch with discounted prices
- Extra holiday entitlement – after a certain number of years
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Role-specific company clothing/uniform
- Recognition and support for health and work-related well-being
For more information about this position, please contact Andy Woodward on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in applying for this position, you agree and confirm that all information provided within your application is accurate and up to date. In applying, you understand that any false information or deliberate omissions will disqualify you from employment or may render you liable for dismissal.
In submitting your application you also confirm that you consent to the organisation using and keeping information you provide as part of the recruitment process and/or personal information supplied by a third party (e.g. referees) relating to your application or future employment.