Part of the T H WHITE Group, Palfinger UK is the exclusive UK distributor for Palfinger lorry cranes and Epsilon construction, recycling and forestry cranes and branded ancillary equipment. Palfinger UK is the largest national lorry crane provider that offers in-house assembly, bespoke body-building and servicing for the entire life of the equipment portfolio it represents.
We are looking for Field Service Engineers to join our growing team in the South East, UK. Preferably located in Berkshire, Surrey, Greater London, Buckinghamshire Essex & Kent. Reporting to the Regional Team Leader, this role is responsible for the effective and efficient servicing, maintenance and repairs of lorry loaders and other equipment. Field Service Engineers will work on-site at customer premises and attend breakdowns at the roadside.
Hours: 40 hours a week, worked between our standard operational hours of 07:00 -18:00 Monday – Friday
Key duties will include:
- Carrying out annual LOLER inspections, servicing and repairs to ALLMI standards and within Palfinger/industry prescribed times
- Providing emergency call-out cover and attending breakdowns
- Maintaining on-line work diary liaising with both Service Control and customers to ensure any changes are managed efficiently and effectively
- Following and promoting best practice and working to ‘Right-first-time’ standards of workmanship
- Supporting Service Admin with timely submissions of repair estimates
- Applying customer care skills at all times, ensuring customer expectations are met and kept regularly informed of job progress
- Management of company van including daily driver safety checks, manufacturers servicing, ensuring parts stocks are aligned to customers and vehicle axle weights aren’t exceeded, and notifying Service Control of any driving licence endorsement, parking, or speeding fines
The ideal applicant
- You will have technical experience including LOLER, hydraulic and electrical
- You will be able to work on your own initiative, and have sound judgment and decision making skills
- You will have good communication skills, both on the telephone and face-to-face
- You will be confident using a computer
- Arc/MIG welding is advantageous
- Due to the nature of this role, a clean UK Driving Licence is essential
What can T H WHITE Group offer you?
At T H WHITE, it is our philosophy to try to do everything we can to ensure that everyone working for us is happy and gets pleasure and satisfaction from their work. We are committed to training and developing our employees to enable them to achieve their maximum potential. We also provide the following:
- Market surveyed salary – reviewed annually
- Employer contributory pension/ death in service cover
- Share Plan
- Division cross-sell incentive scheme
- Staff accounts at every branch with discounted prices
- Extra holiday entitlement – after a certain number of years
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Role-specific company clothing/uniform
- Recognition and support for health and work-related well-being
For more information about this position, please contact Andy Woodward on arw@ thwhite.co.uk
Please note that in applying for this position, you agree and confirm that all information provided within your application is accurate and up to date. In applying, you understand that any false information or deliberate omissions will disqualify you from employment or may render you liable for dismissal.
In submitting your application you also confirm that you consent to the organisation using and keeping information you provide as part of the recruitment process and/or personal information supplied by a third party (e.g. referees) relating to your application or future employment