We are looking to recruit a Parts Assistant to join our team in Falkirk. This role will provide support to internal and external customers with parts and ancillary product requirements.
Reporting to the Parts Warehouse Team Leader you will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks, including stock control, goods inwards/outwards, customer and supplier support, engineer parts requests and quotations via incoming calls and emails, along with general operational / role administration tasks.
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.00am-4.30pm, Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm (1 hour lunch break)
Day to day duties will include:
- Checking incoming parts deliveries and storing appropriately
- Advising suppliers of damaged or of any short shipments
- Picking parts (inc. depot transfers) and preparing for despatch
- Raising purchase orders and ordering service and production parts and materials
- Identifying and supplying parts and consumable items required for service or production jobs
- Proactively ordering materials and components to meet production operational demands
- Updating service orders with parts consumed by in house service and production engineers
- Dealing with walk in and phone customers requiring Palfinger parts
- Raising sales invoices and taking payments (card or cash)
- Assisting with annual parts stock count and managing warehouse stock levels
- Loading and unloading of parts and crane deliveries with forklift when necessary
- Inspecting new crane deliveries and completing associated administration tasks
- Carrying out daily forklift truck inspections
- Collecting and delivering parts when required
The ideal applicant
- You will be IT literate with good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- You will have excellent communication skills
- You will be a team player
- You will be able to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines
- You will be able to network and build effective relationships with customers and colleagues
- Previous experience of having worked in a service or parts control environment or similar customer service or equipment maintenance role would be an advantage
What can T H WHITE Group offer you?
At T H WHITE, it is our philosophy to try to do everything we can to ensure that everyone working for us is happy and gets pleasure and satisfaction from their work. We are committed to training and developing our employees to enable them to achieve their maximum potential. We also provide the following:
- Market surveyed salary – reviewed annually
- Employer contributory pension/ death in service cover
- Share Plan
- Division cross-sell incentive scheme
- Staff accounts at every branch with discounted prices
- Extra holiday entitlement – after a certain number of years
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Role-specific company clothing/uniform
- Recognition and support for health and work-related well-being
For more information about this position, please contact Andy Woodward on email@example.com
Please note that in applying for this position, you agree and confirm that all information provided within your application is accurate and up to date. In applying, you understand that any false information or deliberate omissions will disqualify you from employment or may render you liable for dismissal.
In submitting your application you also confirm that you consent to the organisation using and keeping information you provide as part of the recruitment process and/or personal information supplied by a third party (e.g. referees) relating to your application or future employment.