1832 Thomas White starts his agricultural ironmongery business in Devizes
1900 T H WHITE dies without sons, Dick Salmon takes over the running of the business
1938 The company purchases a farm machinery business in Swindon
1947 The company purchases an ironmongers and blacksmiths business in Marlborough
1951 The Fordson Diesel Tractor is launched
1957 The Swindon business is moved to Wootton Bassett
1964 A site was purchased at Sherston and premises built there
1968 The Automower Engineering Company, a manufacturer of winches and sports field rollers, based in Norton St Philip, was purchased
1855 George White takes over from his father and adds manufacturing to the firm’s activities
1866 Thomas Henry White (T H WHITE) took control from his father and involvement with horsedrawn machinery increased
1917 T H WHITE sells its first mechanical tractor, a Ford Model F put to work in farming for the war effort
1956 Peter Scott succeeds Dick Salmon who retires after 56 years as managing director
1981 The Company started selling and servicing construction equipment
1983 The Wootton Bassett branch began dealing in Land Rovers
1984 David Scott appointed managing director
1979 After building its first co-operative grain store for Ridgeway Grain at Membury, T H WHITE, Installation Ltd (later the Handling & Storage Division) was formed
1986 The Cirencester branch became Subaru and Isuzu dealers
1972 Head Office is relocated in purpose-built premises at Nursteed Road, Devizes
1974 The Company started selling and servicing lorry loaders at Devizes
1989 The business at Sherston moved to Knockdown, a more rural location, two miles away and a grasscare division was started there
1985 A new agricultural branch was built at Huntley
1990 Acquired the Palfinger/Epsilon Franchise for lorry and timber cranes
1992 Fiatagri appointed T H WHITE as dealers for territory covered for Ford New Holland
2002 Premises in Bradford, Yorkshire were purchased for the Crane Division
2009 The Company was awarded the Ifor Williams franchise at Reading
2011 The renewable Energy business was started
2013 T H WHITE opens the first purpose-built Fiat Group Brand Centre in the UK. All Fiat brands – Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Fiat Professional, Chrysler & Jeep – under one roof.
1996 The Grasscare division expanded with the addition of a new branch at Reading
1999 The Reading Grasscare division relocated to new premises at Arborfield near Reading. The Crane Workshop at Devizes was doubled in size
2008 The Andoversford business moved to Toddington and an agricultural parts facility opened at Hazleton
2011 The Fiat/Alfa Romeo franchise was awarded to us at Cirencester and construction of a new dealership at Swindon commenced
2015 Alex Scott appointed managing director
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!